El Gordo de La Primitiva rounded off the ‘gold triangle’ of lotteries in 1993. It emerged as one of the types of La Primitiva. Every Sunday this lottery has a date with luck. But it was not always like that, since in the beginning it was only played on the last Sunday of every month. This was the frequency from that first draw, held on 21 October 1993, until 12 October 1997, when the draw was then held every week. Since then, every Sunday, “te puede tocar el gordo” (you could win the big prize).
El Gordo Prizes
- 1st Category: if you hit 5 numbers of the winning combination and the refund
- 2nd Category: if you hit 5 digits from the winning combination
- 3rd Category: if you hit 4 digits from the winning combination and the refund
- 4th Category: if you hit 4 digits from the winning combination
- 5th Category: if you hit 3 digits from the winning combination and the refund
- 6th Category: if you hit 3 digits from the winning combination
- 7th Category: if you hit 2 digits from the winning combination and the refund
- 8th category: if you hit 2 digits from the winning combination
- Refund: if the digit intended for this prize matches the one on our ticket
Official El Gordo Lottery Details: http://www.loteriasyapuestas.es/gordo-primitiva/
Playing El Gordo Outside of Spain
A bill in 19 gets a prize at EL Gordo de la Primitiva, Spain’s national lottery game accredited by Loterías y Apuestas del Estado! Do you want to win millions by participating from one of the most attractive Spanish lotteries? Don’t wait any longer! Play with EL GORDO DE LA PRIMITIVA! Every Sunday at 1.30 PM (Spanish time) fascinating jackpots can be yours. The Gordo de la Primitiva has reached jackpots of more than 22 million Euros! Are you going to miss it? Be part of one of the most well-known lotteries in Spain!
El Gordo has nine prize categories, and players must successfully match the 5 numbers of the regular guess set and the additional number to win the top prize. The lottery promises a starting jackpot of €5 million and enjoys frequent rollovers which build up to some if its biggest prizes such as the lottery’s record 2011 jackpot of €33,024,545.
As of 1st January 2013, Spanish lottery prizes that exceed €2,500 will be subject to a government legislated tax at a rate of 20%.
When to Play
Drawings for El Gordo is held every Sunday!